Since it was first launched globally in the early 1990s, the humble Hyundai Accent has gone from strength to strength and proven to be one of the most versatile vehicle models in the Hyundai stable. Currently, in its Fourth Generation here in South Africa, and Fifth Generation in North America, Europe, and the Far East, the Hyundai Accent has become the mainstay of the Hyundai brand in so many countries thanks to its model variety, stylish looks, reliable nature and fun to drive features.
Available as a Sedan or Hatchback
The Accent is a car of many talents and this is very obvious to see when you realise that it is available as both a sedan or as a Hatchback! No matter which model variant you choose, however, there is one thing which still remains the same – The Hyundai Accent is 100% value for money in every way!
So What Makes the Accent Stand Out?
- It’s Stylish: From the large diamond-shaped grille at the front to the almost Elantra like rear-end, the Hyundai Accent is a vehicle which looks youthful yet still has a sturdy pose and provides a road-hugging stance.
- It Has Power: The heart of this little giant is the Next Generation Hyundai 1.6-litre Gamma Engine which pushes out 91 kW of power at 6 300 rpm and delivers 156 Nm of torque at 4 200rpm across the entire range.
- It’s Fast: The claimed top speed is 190 km/h, and it does the 0 – 100 km/h sprint in a mere 10.2 seconds in the manual transmission version. The automatic model variant has a top speed of 184 km/h and can go from a dead stop to 100km/h in around 11.4 seconds.
- It’s Efficient: Depending on the transmission type, the claimed fuel consumption figures are a mightily impressive 6.0 – 6.4 Litres per 100 kms.
- It’s Eco-Friendly: During European Testing the excellent Combined Cycle CO2 Emissions Figures were between 139 and 151 grams per kilometer (transmission type dependant).
- It’s Fun to Drive: The Hyundai Accent handles well on South African roads, and it has some rather pleasant driving characteristics, including a surprisingly sporty attitude.
- It’s Safe: Both driver and passenger airbags come as standard across the entire range and ABS with EBD and Central Locking are also standard on all model derivative and trim levels.
- It’s Comfortable: The Accent has a spacious cabin which is packed full of comfort and convenience features such as a USB port, radio, and MP3, as well as air conditioning. The higher spec Fluid Trim Levels even include Bluetooth as well as an iPod connectivity cable.
Book a Hyundai Accent Test Drive!
You’ve read about the fantastic features of the Hyundai Accent, but now it is time to experience them for yourself when you book a Test Drive in the 2019 Hyundai Accent at one of our Group 1 Hyundai Showrooms in either Johannesburg or Knysna.